- design and development of acquisition structure (legal, tax, financing)
- due-diligence (legal, tax, financial)
- acquisition of target-ventures via asset or share deal
- spin-off and carve-out
- business leasing agreements, business management agreements
- joint ventures and strategic alliances
- pre- and post-acquisition restructuring
- management-buy-out / management-buy-in
- anti-takeover advice
Mergers & Aquisitions
Mergers and acquisitions forms a centerpiece of GGV’s practice. We have extensive experience with a variety of German and international clients, representing every role of the deal: sellers, acquirers, targets.
We are a recognized adviser in middle market M&A transactions, distinguished by our ability to cover all relevant legal, tax and financial aspects of the deal. Our professionals leverage the expertise of GGV’s other practice areas, such as commercial and corporate law, financial, labor, intellectual property and real estate. Tax considerations affect the structure of most mergers and acquisitions. Our team members have the technical know-how and experience to deal with complex tax issues in national as well as in international or cross border transactions.
To the extend, requested by the client, our service covers the entire process: due-diligence, structuring the transaction, contractual work and post-acquisitive reorganization.
- entrepreneurial, goal-oriented thinking
- design of a hand-tailored deal-structure and close cooperation with client’s inhouse specialists and advisors
- client-attuned concept regarding project milestones and fees
- hands-on approach, flexible thinking and high responsiveness throughout the transaction project
- business and strategic investors
- financial or institutional investors
- private equity funds
- national or international holdings of foreign ventures
- international parent companies
- boards of directors / supervisory boards